Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Otro dia, Otro Aventura

I am writing this update from my house back in the U.S. Due to complications with my diabetes I came home early. And honestly, I don't know how to feel. I was so sad to have to leave; but I am happy to be back home at the same time.

Honestly, it started when I got to Lima. I was having trouble keeping my blood sugar at a normal level. It was hard keeping it above 70, which is rather low for a diabetic. But I kept silent about it because I was raised with the mind-set that diabetes is not going to hold me back. However, in the past 5 days my blood sugar levels have become very low. To the point where I would pass out and not be able to wake up in the morning. I was also raised with to be smart with my diabetes. Not to make stupid decisions; and so the battle within started. I kept praying about it because I don't want to be a failure.

The worst though happened Monday morning. And I don't really remember much about it, but I came to in the shower, scared and alone. You see, if you 've ever been around me when blood sugar is low I don't act like my normal self. And that's how I was. After I "came to" I went to my teammate and voiced a concern that I had been praying about, coming home. He told me to stay put and he would walk to the Constante's (the missionaries we were working with) and tell them what I was thinking.

We all decided that the best thing for me was to come back home. Visit with my doctor. And try and get back to a normal level again. Health was not something any of them were willing to risk for me. And although the Evil one has attacked (several times), God has been evident throughout the entire process. I was able to get a flight out of Lima that night. And although I sit defeated in my plans for the summer I was reminded of a quote "sometimes our plans have to fail in order for God's plans to succeed." So I am home back in Texas, awaiting the next thing God has for me. Thank you all for praying for me while I was in Peru!! No, I wasn't there as long as I planned on being, and yes I do feel a little discouraged. However, I serve a God who continually blesses me amongst the craziness of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment