Sunday, June 19, 2011

ENGAGED

I am getting married!! Caleb asked me to marry him on Friday night (6/17/11)! I couldn't be a happier girl :) God has really blessed me with an incredible Godly-man to stand by me the rest of my life. Never did I expect God to bless me with a husband this wonderful! I am so excited to become Mrs. Chelsea Johnson.


We are both at an age where we know what we want. We have been praying about our relationship before we met, when we first met, and after we started dating. Throughout it all God has been soooo good! Here is our engagement story :) Caleb is in a band (which if you haven't heard The Micah Tyler band, you should buy there stuff on iTunes, help support their ministry!) and they are getting ready to be gone for the summer. They will be leading worship at camps for the next 5 weeks. They left today (Sunday) so on Friday Caleb wanted to go on a date before they had to leave for 5 weeks; and since we haven't really seen each other since I got back. He told me later he was trying to recreate our first date :) We went to a movie and then went to dinner at Cheddar's. Caleb kept taking pictures of me all night long, but I didn't really think anything of it. Throughout the night he kept asking me "you really would marry me?" I kept telling him that I would, he only needed to ask :) When we got back to my apartment I was a little tired and cold so I laid down under my covers. He said he needed to go grab a movie out of his truck that he bought at a garage sale. When he came back in, he stuck his head around my door frame and asked if I would come there for a minute. I still had absolutely no idea what was about to happen. When I got up I noticed he was still hidden behind the wall, only his head was sticking in my room. I got close to him and that is when I noticed a ring box in his hand! I was SO surprised!! My heart stopped beating for just a second (in a good way of course!). He got down on one knee, told me he loved me, and asked me if I would marry him. I don't think anything came out right away, I was still trying to process what was actually happening, poor guy! Then I snapped to and said yes! He put the ring on my hand and I still couldn't believe what had happened! I am so happy to be engaged to the man of my dreams. God really blessed me more than I thought possible!

We are not planning a big wedding. I actually want to elope, but I felt guilty not including our parents. So we are going to have a very small wedding, with only our parents present. We do have a date set, but since we are not inviting anyone, we are not telling anyone when. I am so happy! I am excited to start my life with Caleb. Last night I read this in my Bible, and I find it very fitting with what God has for our futures:


"It's better to have a partner than go it alone. Share the work, share the wealth. And if one falls down, the other helps."
Ecclesiastes 4:9-11

1 comment:

  1. So happy for the both of you...glad GOD had his hand in you finding each other!! You'll both be in my prayers as you plan your future together as man and wife. Love ya, girl!!

    Kim (Jean) Carpenter

    ReplyDelete